Current Job Listing
As a service to our local ASQ Members, the Section provides information on job opportunities.
If you have information on job opportunities you would like to share with other ASQ members, please e-Mail the information as a MS Word document to the ASQ1106 Webmaster. Please include a close date for the accepting applications for your position(s). Click here to e-mail Job Announcement.
TITLE: QUALITY ENGINEER
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: QUALITY MANAGER
Supports the Senior Quality Manager in directing the quality assurance program for the plant. Performs duties relating to inspection, laboratory testing, statistical process control and salvage operations. Implement, maintain and modify as appropriate the companies/plant’s quality management system to improve business operating systems and meet the requirements of customer and best practice audits. Lead/assist with the corrective action of quality related problems at the plant and/or customer location and start-up of new products/processes. Assist in troubleshooting technical problems. Drives the Global Food Safety Initiative program compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures operations are completed in accordance with Amcor Rigid Plastic’s safety procedures and ensures team members are working in a safe manner. Identifies and corrects unsafe work practices and procedures.
- Communicate with and visit customer to understand the performance of our product and evaluate their production process to enhance performance.
- Develop personnel to understand SPC and the impact it has on the production process.
- Continually assess plant operations to determine priority procedures.
- Responsible for the overall direction of the quality systems and food safety protocol including continuous improvement evaluation of all department personnel.
- Prepare, review, and evaluate data and information. Develop recommendations for use by plant management.
- Utilize quality techniques to reduce process variations or refine process parameters based upon results.
- Assist in problem solving through use of statistical analysis and utilization of quality tools. Lead and promote problem solving teams to perform root cause analysis and failure investigations. Assist in tracking and trending of corrective and preventative actions to ensure items are closed out on a timely basis.
- Alert management of potential quality problems to assure that defective product or raw materials are not used or shipped to the customer.
- Highlight training needs within the facility and act as a trained trainer for relevant instruction needs.
- Assist in development of standard operating procedures, work instructions and form control documents.
- Assist with customer complaint investigations and vendor incident notifications.
- Maintain food safety and compliance documentation. Responsible for the upkeep of records and documents that correspond to regulatory, customer, and third party audit requirements.
- Maintain a program of instrument calibration.
- Coordinate department activities and supervise the assigned Quality Auditors during the absence of the Quality Lead and at other times as directed by the Quality Manager or Plant Manager.
- Demonstrates organizational ability to complete daily assignments as required to meet internal and external customer requirements in a concise detailed manner.
- Performs other related duties as directed by plant manager or quality manager
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or equivalent. Professional
accreditation: American Society for Quality (ASQ), Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) and/or Certified
Quality Manager (CQM). Profession Accreditation in Quality Engineering and Systems is strongly
Experience: 3 – 5 years of related quality assurance or manufacturing work experience is
- Ability to shut down any machine if it poses an imminent danger to employee’s health and/or safety.
- Ability to shut down any machine because of a quality problem so suspect material can be contained.
- Ability to shut down any if it is down three items in one hour for the same mechanical problem.
- Authority to contact any staff or management team member with concerns, questions or suggestions pertaining to their job or work environment.
- Lock Out / Tag Out
- Bloodborne Pathogen
- Hearing Conservation / PPE
- Right to Know / Hazardous Communication
- Emergency Evacuation
- Ladder Safety / Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Forklift Safety
- HACCP / GMP
- SAP / FMS / Ticketing/SPC
- Food Safety/Security
- Environmental Awareness
- Corporate Training Requirements
I have read and understand the requirements stated in the above job description.
Name (please print): __________________________________
Contact Ms. Jennifer Stiltner of Amcor Rigid Plastics located in Wytheville, VA.
Jennifer can be reached at email@example.com